Monday, July 2, 2012

I officially have earned my degree!

This was in my email inbox today:
Congratulations! Your degree requirements are completed.  We have posted the degree to your transcript and it is immediately available for viewing and verification. 
The diploma will be ordered and will be mailed to you soon.  If you change your mailing address, please notify Sydnie Tran at...

If you choose to attend commencement in mid-June, you must RSVP by the posted deadline.
Seeing as it's already July, I don't think I'll make it to that commencement.

In truth, I actually earned my degree about a year ago (so saith my school records), but have been having to take more classes and re-apply for this degree, and despite the fact that my GPA has gone down a little since then, I finally am getting it in the mail!

Now, this transfer degree I've been telling everyone about, including universities that I applied to last year, is no longer a pipe dream, but officially mine, and no one can take that away from me!

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news! Congratulations! You worked very hard to earn that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I did -- everything was stacked against me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Spoony, on finally getting the degree you earned! Ain't colleges screwed up considering all of the brainy people who are supposedly running them?

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you're thinking! Please tell me -- you don't need to sign up, just go!